Friday, April 30, 2010

Such an inspiration and a joy

Just a heads up! This post is completely different from my usual lite fare.

I happened to stumble upon a blog yesterday, called 65_redroses. It began as the personal blog of Eva Markvoort, a young woman who was living her life with Cystic Fibrosis. She tells her story unflinchingly and honestly, taking us through the joy of receiving a life-saving double lung transplant, to the sorrow of her body's chronic rejection of the lungs. Tragically, Eva passed away March 27th, but she left behind her a wonderful sense of hope and love that will be forever remembered by her family and friends. I only wish I had been able to know her.
I began reading from the very first blog post, and have only paused my reading to get a few hours of sleep before beginning again this morning. She has made me laugh, cry, think, and to feel grateful for all that I have lately been taking for granted.
I highly recommend checking out the blog. And please, if you are not already, sign up to become an organ donor!

http://65redroses.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment