Sunday, June 24, 2012

Plus Size Outfit - Birthday Party!

Saturday was my nephew Alex's fifth birthday party.  

 How cute is this kid?!  
The party was at my sis-in-law's house, so I didn't wear anything special, but I did get to wear my new almost-neon top.  I call it almost-neon, because it's a bright coral color and probably as close to the neon trend (besides on my nails) that I'm going to get.  I was around for that trend the first time, ya'll. 
 Anybody else remember wearing neon Umbro soccer shorts with slouch socks?  




 Details: 
Coral layered tank - Avenue (here)
Sand colored cropped jacket - Lane Bryant (I think this is the same jacket, just in pink)
Jeans - Lane Bryant via MJR Sales
Flip flops - Sanuk via Amazon (here)
Earrings- Jessica Simpson brand via 6pm (similar)
Bag & Scarf- Coach 

I am not the kind of girl who changes her purse with each outfit.  I tend to buy a new bag twice a year, and will spend a little more money on them since I carry them for a while.  I occasionally will break out a cute clutch or a dressier bag for certain situations, but I just don't like the hassle of moving over all my junk constantly.  I carry a lot of crap in my purse, guys.  I'm the one to come to for dental floss or safety pins. 

I also want to apologize for my shoes lately.  These are one of the only pairs that fit since my foot is still a little swollen from my break.  I wore a pair of dress shoes to a memorial service two weekends ago and the left fit perfectly, while the right rubbed a blister into the side of my foot.  I have wide feet already, so I'm hoping that the swelling will continue to go down as time passes.  

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  The weather was super warm here, how about in your neck of the woods?  Did you do anything special? 



No comments:

Post a Comment