Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wedding Anniversary!

Today is my fourth wedding anniversary.  I almost can't believe it.  On one hand it feels like we've been married forever (I mean that in a good way, not in a separate bedrooms kinda way), one the other hand, it feels like our wedding was not that long ago.  I guess that's common though.  Time flies when you're having fun! 

On to some gratuitous wedding photos. . . .
My bouquet in the front, and the bridesmaids bouquets following.  Our colors were red, orange, and pink. 

This is one of my favorites. 

It was so freaking hot back in the room we were getting ready in.  I was sitting in front of the window air conditioner with my dress up trying to cool off. 

Our cake table and buffet in the background. 

On our way out to take some photos. 


Our awesome wedding party!  From L-R in the top row Stephanie, maid of honor; Kelsey, my sister; me & Jimmy; Amanda, my sis-in-law; John, Amanda's husband; kneeling in front are Paul, Jimmy's friend; and Jon, Jimmy's best man. 

We did have some interesting things happen at our reception.  One of our groomsmen, John, had been ill for about a day prior to the wedding, and we weren't aware of it.  He was trying to tough it out, but became dehydrated right before the reception (we were actually getting ready to make our way into the reception) and collapsed in the parking lot.  We had to call an ambulance, and he and my sis-in-law were carted off to the ER.  Luckily, he started feeling better once he got some IV fluids, but he and Amanda had to miss the entire reception.  
The second memorable thing, was that one of our guests tore something in her knee while dancing up a storm, and two of our other guests (one of my good friend's father and husband) had to literally carry her outside on a chair so she could get into the car to get checked out.  She ended up having to have knee surgery.  

Despite all of the business we sent the way of the local hospital, we had a fantastic wedding and a blast at our reception.  I wish I had more photos of the reception, but they are all on a disc somewhere, and I can't seem to remember where I put it. . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment