Friday, March 4, 2011

Friend Friday - My Beauty Picks

1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite
higher-end product? 
 I use a combination of drug store makeup and higher-end products in my everyday routine.  I think my favorite drug store product would probably be Maybelline Mineral Powder foundation in "Natural Ivory".  I have used Bare Escentuals makeup in the past, but wasn't that impressed with the amount of coverage and the staying power for the price.  I found this Maybelline version while browsing in Walgreens one day, and thought I'd give it a shot.  I loved it!  The coverage is great, it lasts all day, and the price is fantastic! 
My favorite "higher-end" product is a little more difficult to choose.  I guess, I would probably say it is Clinique's "Almost Bronzer".  Having a pretty fair complexion, I have a hard time finding a bronzer that doesn't look orangy or make my skin look dirty. This bronzer is perfect for shadowing and giving a nice "glow". 


2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live
without? 
My go-to product would be Benefit's "Coralista" blush.  I received a large sample of this blush in a kit from Sephora, and I loved it the first time I used it.  It is the perfect peachy-pink shade to make my cheeks look like they are naturally flushed, without being glittery or sparkly.  I have been using it every single day since I got it, and I will purchase the full sized version when my sample runs out. 
 
3. What's the best hair product you've ever used? 
I was introduced to "It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product" a few years ago, by a hairdresser friend.  She told me it was great as a leave-in conditioner, a heat protectant, and a shine spray, while also being really good for your hair.  It's got a nice fresh scent, and doesn't make my hair look greasy or weighted down at all.  
 
4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look
back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did
that? 

Well, I will admit that during my early teen years (around 1998, when I was a freshman in high school) I rocked some pretty horrendous bangs.  I got up extra early to make sure they were curled just so, and used a tremendous amount of hairspray to keep them looking "perfect". 
Yes, believe it or not, that is me and my high school friend, Lauren, in homeroom freshman year. 
 
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic
products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and
personality? 

A few month ago, I bought the Urban Decay 24/7 Jackpot set from Sephora.  It's got some really cool colors that I wouldn't normally try to pull off, but they actually look good!  I'm glad I gave it a try, and will probably buy the full size of a few of the colors when my pencils are down to the nub. 
 Make sure you check out the other bloggers participating in "Friend Friday".  A list of participants can be found at Katy's Modly Chic blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment