Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Monocromatic Look - Plus Size Daily Outfit

Today when I was getting ready, my mom called me and told me that my great-grandma had passed away early this morning.  She was 90-years old, and her health had been steadily declining over the past few years, so it wasn't exactly a shock, but it was still bittersweet news.  I know she is now out of pain and no longer suffering. 

I was scheduled to go to the elementary school to shadow the nurse again, and then to go to the children's hospital to attend a short seminar.  This is what I wore: 



Outfit Details: 
Grey sweaterdress ( I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot more of this one!) - J. Jill
Black sweater vest - Avenue 
Grey scarf -gifted from a friend
Black tights - Avenue
Black double strap mary jane wedges - Softspots via 6pm

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. Many blessings to you and your family.
    Mrs Hall In Training

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear about your great-grandmother's passing. Even if they are older, it's never easy. My thoughts and prayers and with you and your family. Big hugs going your way.

    P.S. yes, that dress is pretty amazing and I'm sure you will be able to do a lot with it in the up coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear... my sweet lovable dear... I love having you back 100%
    This is a great fall look that I wish I could do... one day its fall the next its summer here... no clue what to wear... You look amazing... no surprise... you always do!!

    ~Yoli
    Diva in Deep Thought

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so sorry for your loss hun! :( My prayers go out to you and your family. Just stay strong and remember she is in a better place now! :}

    You do look lovely though! That sweater dress is so perfect! XD

    -Christina <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother! I just buried mine yesterday, so my heart goes out to you.

    you look wonderful though.

    welcome to
    http://sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com

    <3 Anika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your Great-Grandma. Thoughts and prayers and good vibes to your family, Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Everyone - Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your great-gran. :( I have to say I love your outfit, it looks comfortable and stylish at the same time which is not easy to pull off. Take care of yourself x

    ReplyDelete